All You Need to Know About Dubai Downtown District
Practical information about shopping, living and entertainment in Dubai Downtown
Last Updated on March 3, 2021 by livelydubai
This is the neighborhood if you want to be closer to the Burj Khalifa!
For both young and family-friendly, Downtown is a dynamic, central and therefore well-located district (5 minutes from Business Bay, 20 minutes from the airport, 10 minutes from DIFC and Dubai Design District).
Surprisingly, you can do everything on foot, from the Dubai Mall to the small local grocery store, via the Opera House.
At the foot of the tower, there is also an 11 hectare park with lakes, ideal for a little evening stroll… In short, a pleasant and lively area, which combines a number of advantages.
“Downtown” Dubai … the beating heart of the emirate and its integrated tourism destination that offers pioneers unique experiences in entertainment, culture and shopping that are difficult to find together in one place.
This unique area in the world includes Burj Khalifa, the Dubai Mall, the Dubai Fountain and the Dubai Opera, It offers the opportunity to stroll among luxury shopping facilities, stunning buildings and luxurious hotels. In addition to these major landmarks, “Downtown” Dubai includes many green spaces, foremost among which is the “Burj Park”, which provides wonderful views and hosts many special events such as the seasonal market that is held annually during the winter season as part of the Dubai Shopping Festival.
The Dubai Mall … An ideal entertainment destination for families
The Dubai Mall, which is located near the Burj Khalifa, is one of the largest shopping and entertainment centers in the world, covering an area of one million square meters, and includes more than 1,200 stores and a large number of restaurants.
In addition to the shopping experience, the Dubai Mall is an ideal entertainment destination for families, as it includes the most important entertainment sites such as the “Dubai Aquarium”, the underwater zoo, the Olympic-sized skating rink, the KidZania center for children and cinemas, in addition to the fact that you can watch the unique Dubai Fountain shows from Inside the mall.
The Dubai Aquarium is one of the largest and most beautiful aquariums in the world, with a capacity of 10 million liters of water, and it contains more than 33,000 exceptional creatures, among 140 species of marine creatures, in addition to the largest number of sand tiger sharks in the world. The height of the “Dubai Aquarium” reaches the third floor of the Dubai Mall. Visitors can wander through the 48-meter-long tunnel in the middle of the “Aquarium”, as well as go on a tour on a glass-bottomed boat, diving in a cage diving and swimming with sharks. It also includes a garden. Aquatic animals An amazing group of animals, such as the crocodile “King Croc”, which weighs 750 kg, and reaches a length of 5 meters .. As for the skating rink, provided by the Dubai Mall, it is distinguished by its being Olympic in size, and it offers training classes for all ages .. While the “waterfall” is considered »Spread over four floors, it is a great destination for families and friends.
Burj Khalifa .. A panorama at a height of 555 meters
Burj Khalifa includes two viewing platforms, “At The Top” on the 124th and 125th floors, and “At the Top Sky”, which is located on the 148th floor, at a height of 555 meters. Visitors can enjoy the same views from one of the most famous restaurants in the tower .. The height of the Burj Khalifa is 828 meters, up to twice the height of the Empire State Building in New York, and about three times the height of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
The visitors’ experience begins inside the express elevator, where they watch a multimedia entertainment and educational show until reaching the top of the tower, to learn some amazing information about the tower’s construction and the history of Dubai. Upon reaching the viewing platform, visitors will find a glass façade that allows for the most beautiful panoramic views of the city.
The tower was inaugurated in January 2010, and during the ten years since its inception, it received about 21 million visitors.
Dubai Opera .. Concerts and theatrical performances
mediated by “Dubai Opera”, facilities of “Downtown” Dubai, and includes a modern theater equipped with the latest technologies for display, lighting and sound, and a concert hall, and offers live performances by hosting a variety of artistic and cultural events and the most famous opera performances in the world, and its design allows for the reception of various forms of events.
It can be converted from a traditional theater into a huge concert hall with the seats removed and the hall completely emptied. The Dubai Opera includes a high-end restaurant with a charming view of Burj Khalifa, and the restaurant is a suitable place for corporate events, weddings and fashion shows ..
The Dubai Opera is located . “Janus Rostock”, in the shape of a dhow boat, opposite the Dubai Fountain, is a window through which the country’s residents see the latest artistic and rhythmic creations.
The Dubai Fountain … a kiss for lovers of beauty and creativity
The Dubai Fountain, which is the longest dancing fountain in the world, presents distinctive water, music and lighting performances. A space equivalent to two football fields .. The fountain attracts lovers of beauty and creativity who are keen to enjoy the reflection of the exciting lights on the lake waters, and the intense harmony between the rushing water movement, and the melodies of the accompanying songs, and everyone documents these sweet and romantic scenes with their phones. Below the Burj Khalifa is the “Dubai Fountain Boardwalk” walkway, which gives visitors the opportunity to approach the show to be only 9 meters away from the fountain.
Visitors can also experience the splendor of the dancing fountain on a boat trip on the Burj Lake. This unique entertainment destination offers new experiences, including a children’s activity, a family boat trip, a kayak adventure, and a floating garden. These new experiences give visitors the opportunity to choose between motorized or pedal-powered boats that come in the form of a giant goose, so that families can explore the popular cultural and entertainment destination and enjoy the famous fountain show in a distinct and unprecedented way ..
The floating boat activity gives them an exceptional adventure full of fun. And at a reasonable cost, in addition to the experience of rowing in “kayak” or riding specially designed water bikes, children also have a lot of fun in “Birds Bay” – the experience for young people, through a group of boats in the form of ducks or flamingos, whether equipped with engines or Pedal-operated.
Burj Park .. A charming view of the aesthetics of the city
Burj Park is one of the most prominent recreational facilities in the «Downtown» Dubai, and is located on a small island that can be accessed via bridges near the Burj Lake or the Dubai Fountain Lake to enjoy wonderful views of Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Fountain .
This destination hosts the most prominent events in the city, such as the market that is held during the winter season as part of the Dubai Shopping Festival, in addition to that it opens its doors to weddings, fashion shows, exhibitions, markets, concerts, in addition to corporate events.
The green spaces are an ideal location for contemplating the most beautiful sights of Dubai, with the opportunity to take bicycle tours, especially with the availability of bicycle rental.
Souk Al Bahar .. Heritage in stone corridors
Souk Al Bahar tops the list of the most important traditional Middle Eastern markets with a modern touch. It is located on the waterfront in “Downtown Dubai”. It combines the characteristics of ancient markets and the availability of recreational activities, especially restaurants, and it can be accessed from The beautiful Promenade Road in the Dubai Mall overlooking the Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa, and is characterized by its architecture, stone corridors and dim lighting, in addition to its traditional Arabic design. The market includes a large number of restaurants and stores, with a view of the waterfront, and its stores display various fashion and production of creators of Arab handicrafts, perfumes and art pieces, allowing visitors to discover Dubai’s heritage and traditions.
AVERAGE APARTMENT RENT RATES IN DUBAI DOWNTOWN
This area offers different types of apartments.
|Studio||between 35K and 75K AED / year|
|Apartment 1 bedroom||between 50K and 140K AED / year|
|Apartment 2 bedrooms||between 70K and 200K AED / an|
|Apartment 3 bedrooms||between 280K and 360K AED / year|
|Apartment 3-4 bedrooms||entre 210K et 400K AED/an|
These prices are for unfurnished accommodation, estimated as of February 11, 2020.
By Christine Rizzato, General Manager UAE of Grospiron International, moving specialist.
OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS ANDSHOPS IN DUBAI DOWNTOWN
• Lunchtime restaurants:
– La Serre Boulangerie : on the ground floor of the Vida Hotel, for its breakfast, its choice of salads, toast and toast.
– Eataly : at the Dubai Mall, for its pizzas and Italian grocery store.
– Al HallabBab El Bahr : superb Lebanese restaurant on Boulevard Mohammed Bin Rashid (Clarens Tower I).
– Gunaydin : a good Turkish restaurant whose specialty is meat (Souk Al Bahar promenade)
– Bleu Blanc by David Myers at the Renaissance Hotel (especially for its business lunch ).
• A café on the terrace:
– La Serre Boulangerie , for its choice of pastries.
– The Courtyard (in the inner courtyard of the Al Manzil Hotel) for an outdoor coffee / shisha.
• Evening restaurants:
– Asado Restaurant : Argentinian restaurant at the Palace Hotel, for meat to die for and a breathtaking view of the Burj Khalifa.
– Taikun : Asian restaurant at the Vida Hotel, East Asian cuisine, the terrace is appreciable
– The loft : a cozy / lounge atmosphere we love its magnificent terrace in the Dubai Opera. A dinner-theater formula.
– La Serre Bistro (on the first floor of the Vida Hotel) dine in a refined setting
– Ting Irie : Jamaican restaurant / lounge… you almost believe it.
– At.Mosphere: to show off on the 122nd floor of the Burj Khalifa. You can only have a drink there to limit costs.
– Em Sherif : good Lebanese restaurant in The Address Downtown.
– Matto : good Italian cuisine with the added bonus of local servers (The Oberoi Business Bay).
• Bars / lounge:
– Karma Kafé at Souq al Bahar, an annex of the Buddha Bar, with a breathtaking view of the fountains show at the Dubai Mall.
– IRIS Dubai at the Oberoi Business Bay, for its suspended terrace and its atmosphere, it almost feels like Beirut.
– STK at The Address Downtown, for its magnificent terrace overlooking the fountains of the Dubai Mall.
– The bar at The Adress Boulevard
• Grocery stores:
For your shopping, you will find many supermarkets: Spinney’s, Carrefour Market, Waitrose and Lafayette Gourmet in Dubai Mall, or The Farm House (organic grocery store in Souk Al Manzil). Baker & Spice in the Al Manzil souk also, it is smaller and more user-friendly
• To buy good bread:
– Café Bateel at the Dubai Mall, acclaimed by the French-speaking community of Dubai.
– La Serre Boulangerie at Vida Hotel (one of the best croissants in town too)
– Baker & Spice (Souq al Bahar)
• Beauty addresses:
– Tip Top Nail (Al Manzil Hotel)
– The Spa at Palace Hotel
– Polished nail spa (next to Burj Views)
– Sisters Beauty Lounge an elegant and glamorous place
• Hobbies :
– The Dubai Mall offers many activities for young and old.
For children: Le Petit Palais (Galeries Lafayette), Kidzania , the ice rink, the aquarium and marine zoo, the football fields on the top floor of the Dubai Mall…
– To walk, have a picnic…: South Ridge Park , Burj Park, Business Bay Skate Park.
• The unmissable:
– The ‘ At the Top’ visit of the Burj Khalifa (remember to book your tickets in advance online).
– The Dubai Fountain show : sound and light show of the fountains to be observed at the foot of the Dubai mall, on one of the many terraces or from the small abra boat ( Dubai Fountain Lake )
– The many attractions of the Dubai Mall : the aquarium and marine zoo, Hysteria, VR Park and many others…
– The Dubai Opera ( visits to the opera house are organized every day and from time to time with the FCS – French Social Club ).
• Shopping :
– The Dubai Mall, of course.
– The Maison Clad boutique in La Serre, Vida Hotel, Coralie welcomes you to its warm boutique. Quality advice, you will fall for its superb collection!
– MOTION Cycling , the spinning club co-founded by Amélie, a Frenchwoman, within the Oberoi hotel.
– Fitness First (Al Manzil)
– Running around the Burj Parc (5 km loop)
– Zoga Yoga Café : a special recommendation for yoga classes for pregnant women, for childbirth preparation! 1st free session.