Dubai Marina Guide: Restaurants, Shops and Best Things to Do
Practical information to make the best of Dubai Marina
Last Updated on March 2, 2021 by livelydubai
Dubai Marina has always been the tourist, residential and entertainment destination that everyone wants to visit due to its tall towers and a range of facilities and restaurants, all of which overlook the Dubai Marina promenade, which hosts shopping, dining and entertainment destinations.
It is very popular area for young couples without children and single people, it also welcomes families who want a real neighborhood life near the sea. Everything is doable on foot or almost (shopping, access to amenities, beach etc.), which is very pleasant there!
The proximity to the sea and the long promenade around the Marina are additional assets that make this district (with Downtown Dubai) one of the most residential areas and the most popular for the choice of apartment accommodation; from studio to penthouse. The the famous activities areas such as Jebel Ali, Media City, Internet City or even Abu Dhabi are very easily accessible.
DUBAI MARINA WALK
Dubai Marina Walk is located in the heart of New Dubai, developed by Emaar Properties, and is seven kilometers long, tree-lined and surrounding the Dubai Marina. Aside from being a stone’s throw from the Dubai Marina beach, it is also home to luxury cafes and restaurants, popular retail outlets and countless activities and events for visitors of all ages.
BEST THINGS TO DO IN DUBAI MARINA
EAT THE FOOD
Dubai Marina Walk embraces a group of restaurants and cafes that satisfy all tastes and come from many backgrounds of well-known international kitchens, offering everyone delicious and appetizing dishes and appetizers from breakfast to lunch and dinner. Among the most important restaurants are P.F.Chang’s, Nando’s, Reem Al-Bawadi, Miramain, Abdel-Wahab, Mazah, Taki, Al-Bait Al-Shami, Mimosi, Al-Bait Al-Shami, Wonder 500, Amasina, Marbella, Nando’s and many others, to Jean-Pierre 7, this building which consists of 7 floors each Some of them specialize in country dishes, and all of its restaurants enjoy stunning views of the Dubai Marina.
SHOPING IN DUBAI MARINA
The stores and outlets in Dubai Marina Mall, located in the heart of the Marina Walk district of Dubai Marina, are distributed among the worlds of high fashion, beauty brands, electronics and home décor stores. It also includes Dubai Marina Mall Iconic, Steve Maiden, H&M, Ted Baker and Sephora. As for the large supermarkets, there is Waitrose and Spinneys in Dubai Marina Towers.
Activities in Dubai Marina
- The zip line / zipline Xline Dubai Marina : you will take off on a platform located on one of the JBR towers (170 m high) to cross the marina at an average speed of 80 km / h on 1 km of cable to finish your run at the Dubai Marina Mall.
- The Aqua fun park : inflatable water park of 2,700 m² off The Beach. With 74 different games, children and adults can climb, jump and slide endlessly. – Water sports: Jet ski, canoe, paddle…
- Cinemas on The Beach and at the Marina Mall
- Little Explorers at the Marina Mall
- Boat tours:Dubai Ferry
- The marina promenade: for a daytime stroll along the water; rent a boat; go jogging.
- Skydive Dubai : concentrates high-flying activities (understand in the air: parachute, helicopter etc.) for a guaranteed dose of adrenaline!
- La Maison du Savon de Marseille has just opened a boutique in Dubai at the Marina Mall and offers quality products made in France, respecting tradition with natural materials without animal fat or parabens. Same day delivery throughout Dubai for online orders.
RIDING THE BICYCLE
Dubai Marina Walk is characterized by wide walkways surrounded by palm trees and vast greenery. In addition to the lively atmosphere and stunning views of the Dubai Marina and the skyscrapers with a unique engineering design, we do not forget the illuminated fountain adjacent to the Emaar Marina Towers, which makes it the ideal place for an outdoor picnic, riding a private bike or renting one of the centers distributed in the area.
SPA CENTERS ON THE DUBAI MARINA WALK
The spa centers on the new Dubai Walk are diverse, allowing residents and visitors to experience a wide variety of experiences, from massages to skin treatments and much more.
CHILDREN’S PLAY AREAS
Dubai Marina Walk embraces many play areas for children equipped with all entertainment from swings to slides, and most important of all is the safety and safety of children, as a rubber layer has been placed on the floor of these places to protect children in the event of their fall.Subscribe toSUBSCRIBE
Activities on the Dubai Marina Walk are not limited to walking and picnicking only, but also to water tours in yachts and sailing ships, as this area offers cruise enthusiasts a variety of options such as dining, watching the sunset, cruises to see attractions in the emirate and many more.
TOURS TO LEARN ABOUT MOSQUES AND MOSQUES IN THE AREA
The Mohammed bin Ahmed Al Mulla Mosque is a shining jewel on the promenade of the Dubai Marina Walk that shines beautifully in the evening, offering an exclusive guided package that includes a 45-minute English guided tour, a question-and-answer session and light refreshments for visitors, and is open to everyone of all nationalities, beliefs and ages. And sex.
It is also considered an excellent opportunity for tourists and residents to learn more about Islamic culture. You can register for a tour of the mosque on the website of the Islamic Information Center.
- Times: (Sunday – Thursday): from 9:00 am – 11:15 am
- Prices: Free
- For more information, call: 04 355 5223
HOW TO GET TO THE DUBAI MARINA
Dubai Marina Walk is easily accessible via various means of transportation, if you are taking the Dubai metro, get off it at Damac Properties station and across the upper lane to Dubai Marina, from here the walkway is a 5-minute walk away. Or, you can get off at Damac Properties station, walk through the upper lane and take a Dubai Tram to Dubai Marina Mall Station.
If you are traveling by car, you can take Exit 32 of Sheikh Zayed Road and follow the signs to Dubai Marina. If you are coming from Abu Dhabi, take Exit 32 on Al Naseem Street and follow the signs on Al Khail Road to reach the desired area.
As for traveling using the RTA buses in Dubai, you can take the bus number 8, which stops at JBR 2 station. From there, the Marina Corniche is a 5-minute walk away.
Thus, we have talked in detail about Dubai Marina Walk with all the activities that can be done in it from eating to cycling. Learn about outdoor activities that can be done in Dubai Marina , and for those residing in apartments for rent and owners in Dubai Marina, you can now follow your workouts in one of the most important sports clubs in Dubai Marina .
AVERAGE RENT RATES IN DUBAI MARINA
This area offers different types of residential apartments.
|Studio||between 40K and 85K AED / year|
|Apartment 1 bedroom||between 50K and 125K AED / year|
|Apartment 2 bedrooms||between 60k and 155k AED / year|
|Apartment 3 bedrooms||entre 80k et 230k AED / an|
|Apartment 3-4 bedrooms||between 105K and 235K AED / year|
These prices are for unfurnished accommodation, estimated as of February 20, 2021.
OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS AND SHOPS
• Lunchtime restaurants:
- restaurants at JBR on The Beach including a good Italian Bianca Mozzarella .
- the Drift restaurant at the beach club of the One and Only Royal Mirage.
- Friday and Saturday brunch at the Bistro des Arts (a real breakfast-lunch at the unbeatable price of 99AED)
- Carluccio or Wagamama at the Marina mall for a lunch break between two shopping sessions.
- Tashas has opened a new branch at the Marina Mall. Excellent and hearty salads.
• A café on the terrace:
– The cafes of the Marina Mall overlooking the marina
• Evening restaurants:
- Le Bistro des Arts for good French cuisine with a nice atmosphere. Very good steak tartare! Start the evening with the After work / Happy Hours from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., a very generous master board.
- Pier 7 : built on 7 levels; each floor has a restaurant, bar / club and a different atmosphere.
- The Asia Asia offers, for example, Japanese fusion cuisine, or Mama Zonia with Caribbean-inspired cuisine.
- The restaurants of the Double Tree hotel: The Maine Oyster Bar & Grill for the New York atmosphere, and Ramusake for a good trendy Japanese.
- Ruyaoffers delicious Turkish cuisine in a beautiful setting at Grosvenor House, Friday brunch menu .
- Marina Social at the intercontinental a pretty terrace overlooking the marina.
- La Bussola at the Westin: for its pizzas on its terrace on the first floor. Please note, the restaurant downstairs is more gourmet and less family-friendly.
- Luigia au Rixos: a very good Italian address recommended by Italian residents. According to them, one of the best pizzas in town. Also ideal for families with its kids-friendly play area (cinema, mini library, etc.). The plus: the weekend brunch with entertainment for children.
• Bars / lounge and clubs:
- The Jetty Lounge at One and Only for a drink with your feet in the sand in a subdued atmosphere
- The Bliss Lounge at the Sheraton JBR to admire the view or the sunset facing the sea and the island of Bluewaters.
- To drink a beer or watch a game at the pub: Lock Stock and Barrel at Rixos, JB’s Gastropub at Rotana, Mc Gettingans’ at Hilton JBR or even Offside at JA Ocean View.
- Le Rosso for a drink on the terrace and share a pizza.
- The Pure Sky Lounge , at the top of the Hilton Tower for the splendid view.
- TheBuddha Bar , the rooftop of Atelier M
- Le Barasti Beach Bar for a more relaxed atmosphere or the ladie’s night at Zero Gravity .
• Grocery stores:
Not really small grocery stores but to do your shopping, you will find many supermarkets: Carrefour Market, Waitrose, Spinney’s, Choithrams and the new Grandiose by Intermarché.
In Bluewaters, the neighboring district: Franprix has opened .
• Bakeries / pastry shops:
- Facing the Rove Marina, ” Le Fournil Bakery ” offers a very good traditional baguette and pastries to die for! Special mention for the almond croissant and brioche. To test urgently.
- Café Bateel in Marina Walk for its baguette highly recommended by the French-speaking community.
• Beauty Shops:
- Tips and Toes at Marina mall and JBR, Belle sur Marina Promenade, Dial a Nail next to the Carrefour Market in Silverene tower.
- Sammy Green at The Beach JBR, the new hairdressing address in Dubai
The JBR (Jumeirah Beach Residence) and ” The Walk – JBR ” residences Large group of sand-colored residences, located on the seafront, comparable to a real neighborhood in its own right. The promenade is accompanied by numerous hotels, restaurants and shisha bars, beauty salons etc. located in front of the residences.
Every weekend The Walk is renewed: there is always something new to see.
It is a very popular place for artistic exhibitions and cultural events. It is one of the ideal locations to admire the fireworks fired during national events!
“The JBR Beach” : The beach ” The Beach” is fully equipped for everyone. You will find several infrastructures there such as: beach volleyball courts; water play areas for children; areas of grass; sanitary facilities; relaxation areas with rental of deckchairs; nautical activities (jet ski, buoy etc.) and even a cinema complex. To the south and in the center of the beach, you will find two small designer markets.
Sport activities in Dubai Marina
- Sports clubs: Barry’s bootcamp , Warehouse Gym, The Platform , Circuit Factory
- Yoga clubs: Define (barre and yoga), Trident Wellness Center, Dryp for Yoga Bikram
- Wakeboard: several providers in the marina including Sea Rider or Xtreme Wake
- At the Drift of One & Only Royal Mirage: Sup Hiit Classes every Tuesday and Saturday morning.
- Running and cycling around the marina (8 km loop)
- Tennis at the Royal Meridien